Monday 29 July 2013

talking a little bit more about my mortgage


today I heard a piece of good news from my parents who used to help me make payment regularly to the bank of China that I will pay off the house mortgage sooner in probably less than a year, I bought the apartment in a building having many separate units with a down payment of one hundred thousand RMB four years ago, the bank accommodated me with a loan of one hundred and twenty thousand, so you see, I got a five year fixed rate mortgage,  and I had to make sure that almost thirty percent of my monthly income must be paid to the Bank of China at the start of each month,  so far I haven’t even known how much interest I have paid, I guess it’s not a small account.
I actually had no intention to buy an apartment at the start, I wanted to use my savings in a way identical to many other youths of same age,  I had always wanted to buy a mythological car,  the apartment was built by our company which categorized us according to our ranks and length of service, I had good fortune to have qualification to choose one,  so my saving was used for this purpose, people said I was heading down on the right path.
However, it feels not cool to have a big part of month salary paid off,  with no this mortgage, I could have more free money to do what I enjoy doing. Now I might consider making extra payment next month,  I am about to come out of the darkness and into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment